JOB TITLE: Senior Systems Administrator
JOB OBJECTIVE: This role is primarily responsible for analyzing, designing, developing, implementing, supporting, and maintaining Terso computer systems and networks.
1. Analyze, design, develop, implement, support, and maintain networking systems and make recommendations for changes to the department manager.
2. Manage maintenance contracts; licensing agreements; proactive monitoring; backup and recovery systems; infrastructure security; infrastructure upgrades; security audits and implementations; and domain registrations.
3. Actively participate in the agile project management process:
• Write out tasks for completing the work as well as testing
• Be the “specializing generalist” in networking and systems administration
• Define work items and estimate time needed to complete them
• Report daily activity electronically and/or at the daily standup meetings
• Meet or exceed commitment goals
4. Review peer work for quality assurance on all production output.
5. Develop and perform disaster recovery tests.
6. Provide off-hours (24x7) business hour emergency support.
7. Author and review necessary systems and network documentation.
8. Present status, plans, findings and recommendations to team, management and company.
9. Plan and procure Terso IT hardware and software globally.
10. Understand and comply with all departmental and company values, processes and standards.
11. Resolve critical issues and satisfy service level agreement objectives by working with cross functional business areas and external customers.
12. Understand and comply with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Support other cross functional business areas by providing input and analysis related to position.
2. Less than 10% travel, domestic or international.
3. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. 3+ years of prior experience in Systems Administration.
2. Ability to work in a fast-paced small 1 to 4-person self-governed team with frequent changes in priorities and assignments.
3. Proven experience and proficiency developing and supporting systems including: Microsoft Windows operating systems; Microsoft Active Directory or Azure Active Directory; securing cloud-based infrastructure; auditing and reporting; Azure DevOps, Dynamics 365 and/or Office 365; Meraki based firewalls and switches.
4. Experience with Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure.
5. Experience supporting the operation of production software including scripts, proactive monitoring, starting and stopping services/jobs, backup and restore, etc.
6. Technology-minded individual who seeks to continue improvement of their skills and are interested in sharing their expertise with others.
1. 4-year bachelor's degree in computer systems or related field, or related work experience
2. Familiarity with ERP system integration.
3. Microsoft Azure certified or AWS certified
1. Ability to work with telephone and computer equipment.
2. Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
3. Ability to work in small and confined spaces.
4. Ability to work in cold temperatures for up to 8 hours.
Diversity is important at Terso. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.