At Terso, we strive to be pioneers in RFID technology and provide the perfect inventory management solution for our customers. This requires an incredible team comprised of individuals whose talents are unmatched and who all aim to achieve astounding things.
What we do is important, but who we are is essential.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our dynamic team as a Network & Systems Intern.
JOB OBJECTIVE: The primary objective of this role is to conduct work which assists the IT Network and Systems Team which will enable the full time members of the team to focus on high end/high tech tasks which are otherwise being impeded due to workload.
1. Assists in migrating email accounts from exchange to Office 365, includes distribution lists and related rooms/resources.
2. Helps with reorganize the network closet, inventory network drops throughout the building.
3. Assists the IT team with migration and/or setup of new servers in the cloud, includes AD services and testing.
4. Performs upgrades to PCs from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and install related software suites such as Office 365.
5. Test systems before and after to confirm acceptable QoS and usability.
6. Provides support as needed to staff as services transition from Promega to our solution.
7. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Enter all inbound (new) and decommissioned (old) equipment into SAP, SCSM and/or whatever asset database is used. Ensure database is accurate at all times.
2. Update network diagrams as requested.
3. Assist with end user documentation creation.
4. Assist with user testing as requested.
1. Be currently enrolled in an accredited university, seeking a Bachelor’s Degree.
2. Be fluent in the use of Microsoft Windows operating system(s) and Microsoft Office suite applications.
3. Be fluent in the use of portable IT devices (iPhone, iPad, Droid, etc.).
4. The ideal candidate will possess a strong interest in the field of information technology and business.
5. The ability to work within a busy team and corporate environment in a professional manner.
1. Must be able to lift 50+ pounds.
2. Typical work day involves standing on feet for multiple hours (cabling equipment racks, walking between buildings with equipment or boxes, etc.).
Diversity is important at Terso. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.